cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't export to Instagram from Dropbox anymore

I can't export to Instagram from Dropbox anymore

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, until recently I was able to upload images from Dropbox to Instagram by clicking export - open in - go to the 3 dots and choose ‘copy to Instagram’ The option to ‘copy to Instagram’ is no longer available in the 3 dots. If I try to ‘copy to’ the Instagram in the main list I get an error message. I wonder if anyone can help me please. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: I can't export to Instagram from Dropbox anymore

Dropboxer

Hello @la62, thanks for checking in with us. 

Are you running the latest versions of the Dropbox mobile app and the Instagram app? 

If you could send me a screenshot of the error message, that would also be super helpful. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Thank you, Lusil. Yes I am running the latest version of Dropbox and Instagram. I also uninstalled and reinstalled both.
Here is the message I get if I try to upload on the Instagram option: Error - something went wrong.(I am unable to post the photo in here)
I think the problem stems from the disappearance of the ‘Copy to Instagram’ option.

Dropboxer

Could you let me know what options you get when you tap on Export once you select a file?

A screenshot would help in this case, but you can also send it to me as a shared link, instead. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?