Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I can't figure out how to tag in Dropbox.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi! I am getting familiar with Dropbox because one of my clients uses it. We need to organize files by both folders and tagging. I can't figure out how to tag. All of my searches indicated Dropbox didn't support tagging in 2014 (!), and then maybe some support for desktop app and/or photos. I can't find anything for 2019 or 2020 other than coder stuff. Anyone who is not a coder able to tag files in Dropbox with cloud version?

By the way, the forced labeling to submit this request doesn't make sense and there isn't a fit for files, folders, tags, or organizing so choosing all. :(

Many thanks, Community and Dropbox suppport.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Tagging files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @StephPDX. Welcome to our Community! 

Tagging files is indeed not a Dropbox feature at the time, but we do have a few features that could help you note information on files and folders. 

Want to make a folder defer from the rest and even tag people on it? Your answer is Dropbox Spaces. 

Introducing Dropbox Spaces

Want to make a note to a file? comment on a part of a file and mention another user? 

Comment on Dropbox files. 

I would love to have your feedback. Let me know if these features help you accomplish what you wanted.  

Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?