Dropbox files & folders

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I can't find a way to delete my files

Helpful | Level 5

I am not sure whether I am going crazy but for the life of me i cant see how to delete a photo I have added to a folder.  I created a new shared folder for someone who wants to use my photos for their book.  I started uploading them and then realised some of them were .NEF (Nikon raw files) extensions and so went to delete them.  I have looked all over the interface for a trash can or a delete button, I have right clicked .. NOTHING!! I am using a mac.  Would really appreciate some help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Deleting files

Helpful | Level 5

Completely ignore this post .. for some reason when I went back to the folder, the files had disappeared .. I missed one and then deleted it and poof .. gone

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Wow finally found it, bulk selected the files I wanted to delete and now it says this operation is not permitted .. Why :( I uploaded them surely I can delete them?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Completely ignore this post .. for some reason when I went back to the folder, the files had disappeared .. I missed one and then deleted it and poof .. gone

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @kwd2019, thanks for keeping us in the loop!

It sounds like the deletions just took a bit of time to be applied, but I'm glad to hear that you've got everything under control. 

If you have any other questions or you'd like help with something, just give us a shout. In the meantime, have a lovely week ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks so much   You too

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?