cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find my recent version history of an Excel file

janinastoolbox New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

HELP!!!!!

I accidentally pressed the circle arrow next to the undo arrow in an excel sheet, it closed the whole document and when I reopened it is a version from a few days ago. 

If I go to versions history, the oldest one is 11.02 PM last night but it is incorrect as many changes have been made since.

It seems to have opened a saved version from another team member instead of showing all changes made my everyone.

I contacted a team member who when they opened it, could see my updated version on exactly the same file. She saved it under a new name, I opened it and had all my stuff on there but not hers.

We can see each other editing and vieweing but it is noyt syncing between the 3 of u

I hope I am making sense.

Janina

3 Replies 3

Re: Version History HELP

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @janinastoolbox, thanks for posting on the Community!

If the file is showing different versions, this means that it isn’t syncing between your devices.

Could you check the status of the Dropbox desktop application by hovering your mouse over the Dropbox icon in the system bar/menu bar and let me know what you see there? Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

janinastoolbox New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

It says indexing 3 files from 2 days ago so I guess thats why.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Can you see which files these are by navigating the Dropbox folder and following the blue sync icons?

If these are the Excel files, or other files, try temporarily moving them out of the Dropbox folder, allow the app say that it is synced, and then move the files back in.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?