cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't move from online only to local

I can't move from online only to local

echa0361
Explorer | Level 3

hi, i just add a new device (windows 10 pro), when i sync from online only to local (to acces the file and use it) it doesnt download, even if only 1 file (was planning to grab 70gb worth of videos)

im on team account

7 Replies 7

Re: i cant move from online only to local

Mark
Super User II

After changing the setting have you given it time to do it - it will take time to process and then to download them

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

echa0361
Explorer | Level 3

it took 4 hour for 1 file of 41mb to sync from online only to local, theres something wrong with that

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @echa0361; I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Can you please send us a screenshot of the app's status as shown in your system tray in order to get a better look into this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

echa0361
Explorer | Level 3

hey i just notice that if i put the files in team space everything works normally, but in member space cant sync at all, download or upload

Re: I can't move from online only to local

Daphne
Dropboxer
That does sound rather strange @echa0361!

Just to clarify, are you referring to the personal folder within the Business team, which is the purple folder with your name on it?

Or do you possibly have two accounts linked and syncing to your desktop app, and you're referring to things not syncing in the personal account?

Do you have any bandwidth limits set within the app preferences?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

echa0361
Explorer | Level 3

yes the personal folder, the files synced up on the team space but not on my personal, ive re download and re install dropbox 2 times now and its still doesnt want to sync to my personal folder within business/team account, and no i dont have a secondary dropbox linked and i dont set any bandiwith limit, im stumped

Daphne
Dropboxer
Just to rule out some possibilities here, are you connecting through a proxy at all, or using a VPN @echa0361?

Could you check to see if any of the Dropbox domains are being blocked by these, or even by your ISP or Internet router?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?