cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't reach a folder shared with me

I can't reach a folder shared with me

BottomUp
New member | Level 2

hi,

I received an invitation to modify a folder on professional dropbox but I can't access it because of it's size.

I never used dropbox before. I was asked to create an account at my first connexion. it's a basic account with 2Go free.

the folder shared with me seems to size 3Go (this surprise me because there is not a lot of files at this time, must be around 1Go, perhaps 3Go is a size limit fixed by the owner).

when I try to reach the folder shared, dropbox says "not enough size to access to the folder" and suggest me to pay for more disk space. I could understand this situation if I was looking to download this folder in my dropbox, but it's not what I want. I just want to read and write in the folder created by it's owner.

is that the normal way to pay for a professional account 12€/month to access a folder shared by someone that allready pays ?

do someone have a solution ? I must have missed something.

thanks !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can't reach a folder shared with me

Mark
Super User II

Hi @BottomUp 

Unfortunately to read and write to the folder you ARE adding it to your Dropbox, therefore, you do need enough space within your quota to do so. So you either need to upgrade at www.dropbox.com/plans, get more space via www.dropbox.com/gs OR ask them to delete/move files and folders out of the share so it is lower than your quota. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @BottomUp 

Unfortunately to read and write to the folder you ARE adding it to your Dropbox, therefore, you do need enough space within your quota to do so. So you either need to upgrade at www.dropbox.com/plans, get more space via www.dropbox.com/gs OR ask them to delete/move files and folders out of the share so it is lower than your quota. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

BottomUp
New member | Level 2

thank Mark.

I'll find a way.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BottomUp New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?