cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I can't save files in my Dropbox folder

I can't save files in my Dropbox folder

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since last week, while working on office, or autocad, or anything, i cant save files to dropbox folder. It gives a message that the file dont existe (if the file is new) or if it was existent it says that canĀ“t acess the file. What is weard is that the name of the file in this message is different than the name itself.

Then a go and save it outside dropbox it works normally. If i copy, i can normally past into dropbox folder, i can even replace to the older file.

Spent a few hours working around trying to see if there was any permissions related to it , but nothing...

Have been receiving messages from dropbox about my space, wich i have still 2gb empty, could it be related to that? 

Cheers

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying that for me, @carlosgap5

Since you mention then that the error persists even when you close the Dropbox desktop app, this suggests that the cause is related to something outside of it. 

In this case, I'd recommend check other apps or components of your OS that could be causing this.

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

it a relation of windows update and dropbox, yes, excluded all apps.

the name of the update causing he problem was kb535996

dropbox should have a look into it...

cheers

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional info, @carlosgap5!

Since the update that causing the issue was from your OS, I'd recommend getting in touch with their Support team in case they have more info on the matter.

If anything else pops up in the meantime, just give us a shout. 

Have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    carlosgap5 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?