cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleting photos

I can't see an option to delete photos from the Photos directory

rlawrence2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ok, read threads that say "Delete" is there and I still don't see it.  I do on the "Files" screen, but not the Photos directory.   Looking online in Firefox, I get NO option to delete a photo when selected.  Been this way since the "change".  So Dropbox is forcing us to use apps on our devices then to delete photo backups?  I use the web with my company computer to share and manage photos from my company phone.  I cannot put the apps on my company devices and need to be able to delete online.  Please advise. 

Attached photos of what I see.  no delete.JPGno delete2.JPGno delete3.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
You can no longer delete from the Photos page. You need to select a photo and choose View in folder. From there you can delete it.

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There is no longer an option to delete photos while on the Photos page. You need to do it from the Files page now. You can select a photo and click Show in folder, and it will take you to the Files view for that photo where you can delete.

Yes, it results in extra steps, but it's all we have right now. Dropbox is clearly moving away from a proper photos experience. Every time they say we're changing this to make it better they end up taking away more functionality.

rlawrence2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This sucks; you cannot "see" a photo file and certainly don't know the name of the file to delete un files folder.  This is going to force me to cancel my dropbox!  Are you listening Dropbox admins???!!!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

rlawrence2 wrote:

you cannot "see" a photo file and certainly don't know the name of the file to delete un files folder.

When you click Show in folder, the file is already selected in the File view. Just click Delete.

rlawrence2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

That would be an ok ....albeit longer.. way to do it; and it'd be better if the default "files" list could get set to "descending" either via name or time stamp.  As it is, every time I click "show in folder" I have to reset list so I can do another egg hunt to get the file to show up on the screen.  Is there a fix for that one?  The system should take me straight to the file, not just to a folder where I have to search again.  Althogh it is indeed checked when I do find it... wasted 15 min trying to delete one file though.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

rlawrence2 wrote:

As it is, every time I click "show in folder" I have to reset list so I can do another egg hunt to get the file to show up on the screen.  Is there a fix for that one?

I think that one is on your browser, as the file is not only selected but the page scrolls to it once loaded.

db760e8dcbf2133cfcd21d1999b688fd.gif

Aggiechi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Your suggestion works up until it takes me to the folder for me to delete the photo. It brings up ALL my pictures and I am unable to locate the photo from the list of other photos so i can delete it. and it is SO slow! this is very frustrating!

SilverBullit
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
There is no "delete"

drumnpriest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Me too - they just killed dropbox photo management -- Couldnt leave well enough alone - the refrain of all companies that grow too big. Bye.

jenuhbenna
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to figure out how to delete photos as well and this is EXTREMELY frustrating. I will be cancelling my dropbox as soon as I can upload all of my photos to my google drive. May take a while but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Need more support?