cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to delete photos from the new photos page?

I can't see an option to delete photos from the Photos directory

rlawrence2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ok, read threads that say "Delete" is there and I still don't see it.  I do on the "Files" screen, but not the Photos directory.   Looking online in Firefox, I get NO option to delete a photo when selected.  Been this way since the "change".  So Dropbox is forcing us to use apps on our devices then to delete photo backups?  I use the web with my company computer to share and manage photos from my company phone.  I cannot put the apps on my company devices and need to be able to delete online.  Please advise. 

Attached photos of what I see.  no delete.JPGno delete2.JPGno delete3.JPG

25 Replies 25

M S.1
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Hey.... 2019!!!

Still can't delete a photo directly from the "Photos" section of Dropbox.

Remember when we were promised all the old Carousel functionality was going to get rolled into just Dropbox?  Never happened!

Why is it I can select multiple photos on my phone in dropbox and delete them (or share them with a link) but I can't on DB's website? 

This is a joke.  As soon as I find something better I am out.

Barnickal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Doesn't work like that for me. I have about 30gb of photos/videos in my Camera Uploads and when I click "show in folder" it takes ages and then just shows me the whole folder. Very useful...not.

Aggiechi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Totally agree! and once you click on a photo it takes you back to the VERY top so you have to scroll all the way down again. I'm thinking about switching - maybe Picassa?

M S.1
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

No! This is not solved. This is not a solution, this is a hack-work-around.  I NEVER clicked on any resolution or claimed this was solved.   Why are moderators marking problems as "solved"?

Barnickal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Maybe. I have DB pro thanks to work, so no choice really. 

Jan-Langevad
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

VERY BAD "solution". We need a DELETE meny item in the PICTURES web page.

It seem to be a "political" issue, making deletion difficult for us customers!

I know you are selling "online disk storage" but this is a "bit to smart".

Seems/sounds like, that there has been such a DELETE option in the past on the PICTURE web page.
The PICTURE web page is a good place to maintain recents camera uploads.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?