cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see comments added by a collaborator when I view my files at dropbox.com

I can't see comments added by a collaborator when I view my files at dropbox.com

salpilk
New member | Level 2

I have shared a folder with a google doc in it.

I can see from my Dropbox notifications (in my Windows bottom right taskbar pop-up) that my collaborator has added comments to the document. I have read some of comments in this pop-up box, some still show as unread (although I've seen them in the notifications window)

I would like to copy and paste text from these comments. I can;t do this in the notifications pop-up..

When I view the file in My Files at dropbox.com in browser, see don't see the comments, or any way of viewing them

When I open the  file in Googledocs in browser, see don't see the comments, or any way of viewing them.

Any ideas?

I have already had a project where I completely missed a load of important comments from a collaborator... I feel like they should be more obvious!

1 Reply 1

Re: I can't see comments added by a collaborator when I view my files at dropbox.com

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @salpilk, thanks for posting your question here. 

Do you see the same notifications when you navigate through the website? 

Also, have you noticed if this happens to any other files, or is it just this one Google Doc specifically? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?