cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see comments when I download a document, can I get them to stay?

I can't see comments when I download a document, can I get them to stay?

New member | Level 2

When I am online, I can see comments. However, when I download that document the comments go away. How do I get them to stay there?

1 Reply 1

Re: Difficulty with Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hello there @Aegia, I hope you're having a good week so far!

Are you referring to the comments that you see in the right hand sidebar when previewing the file in Dropbox online?

If so, I'm afraid it wouldn't be possible to download the file with these comments, as they're comments for the file in Dropbox rather than being attached to the file that's downloaded.

We do currently have a request similar to what you're looking for here, which I can suggest checking out and upvoting if you'd like to show your support for the idea.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?