cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see comments

I can't see comments

rbkrdf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi All, I've shared a bunch of MS word files with a research assistant who is able to comment on them. I can see his comments in my little Dropbox notification window, but when I go to Dropbox and open the file, none of his comments are visible on the document. I can see earlier comments left on the document (before it was in DB and before I shared it with him) but none of his. What am I missing? Thank you!! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rbkrdf wrote:

how can I make it so that I can see the Dropbox comments and, ideally, the Word comments at the same time?

It's two completely separate commenting systems, so you can't. You need to view the Dropbox comments on the Dropbox website, and the Word comments within Word.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @rbkrdf, thanks for posting on the Community!

Which browser are you using to view the file on the site?

Are these Dropbox comments, or comments within the Word file itself?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rbkrdf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

They're word comments, I'm pretty sure. I'm using Chrome but the same problem occurs from my desktop. When I log on from the browser it doesn't show any activity from him at all though it does show that I've shared the folder with him, but on my desktop in the dropbox notification window I can see thumbnails of all of his comments.  Thank you! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Could you attach screenshots showing what you're describing in order to look into this in more detail?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rbkrdf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

sure, sorry, I should have done that before.. when I open the document it doesn't show his comments or reflect the fact that he has made any... it has the latest "version" as one that I worked on before I shared it with him. .. but in my notifications window it shows all of his comments. see below.. thank you

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 4.47.10 PM.png

 

rbkrdf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I just figured out that he is commenting in Dropbox, and not in Word. Now I've logged onto Dropbox and can see his comment alongside the Word comments (yay!), but when I open the file from my desktop Dropbox only the Word comments appear. Can I get the Dropbox comments to show there too, alongside the Word comments? thank you!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rbkrdf wrote:

how can I make it so that I can see the Dropbox comments and, ideally, the Word comments at the same time?

It's two completely separate commenting systems, so you can't. You need to view the Dropbox comments on the Dropbox website, and the Word comments within Word.

rbkrdf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

ok, thanks for your help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rbkrdf Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?