cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see the camera uploads folder on Windows

I can't see the camera uploads folder on Windows

JimTheo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have been using dropbox for near 10 years and always have uploaded all photos from my IOS device automatically.  Always have been able to manage them from a desktop Mac.  However, I now use a PC Win10 and I no longer see the camera upload folder.  All files and folders appear EXCEPT "camera uploads".  I have it set to download and sync all files localy on my mac, but not sure of the compatable setting on PC.  I rarely use the browser to manage files as it seems to be much slower than direct manipulation.

Am I missing something or is the Win10 version NOT capable of seeing the "camera upload" folder?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JimTheo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Seems that the app is not in my system tray, but I launched the app from the start menu and went to the preferences.  Under selective sync, "camera uploads" was NOT selected.  I went ahead and selected it and waited for the folder to populate and create the preview. So far it is there.

Any other way I could get you the status that you requested or was this sufficient?  Thanks for helping.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @JimTheo; welcome to our Community!

I will be happy to look into this for you so could you please forward me the exact status of the desktop app as shown within your computer's system tray

While we're at it, can you check your selective sync settings through the app's preferences to see if your Camera Uploads folder has been selectively un-synced from that particular device?

Let me know what you find Jim!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JimTheo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Seems that the app is not in my system tray, but I launched the app from the start menu and went to the preferences.  Under selective sync, "camera uploads" was NOT selected.  I went ahead and selected it and waited for the folder to populate and create the preview. So far it is there.

Any other way I could get you the status that you requested or was this sufficient?  Thanks for helping.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update @JimTheo. So it sounds like you're back up and running; let me know if that's not the case please.

The status of the desktop app is what you see when you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon within your computer's system tray or menu bar. If it's saying it's 'Up to date', then you should be good to go.

In case it's still syncing, please give it some time and if it's stuck at a specific number of files, please send me a screensho so I can have a visual too.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    JimTheo Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?