cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't see the files in the dropbox web site, but I can see in the dropbox folder in my PC

I can't see the files in the dropbox web site, but I can see in the dropbox folder in my PC

Marina P.4
New member | Level 1

Yesterday I try to access to a folder , of another Dropbox user (my sister) and I can't see any files inside this folder. And I realize that I can't see any of my own files in my own folders if i try yo see this by the dropbox web site!!! Today, it continues in the same way: I can see the files in my dropbox folder in my PC, but I CANNOT SEE ANY FILE in the web. What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks!

17 Replies 17

Victoria -.
New member | Level 1

I have exactly the same problem! As i wasn´t able to share a folder I had to move its files to another folder that was already shared and my friend could see them without problem, so the syncing thing is actually working. I can´t either access to the configuration menu from the web. What´s wrong with dropbox?? I need some help please. Thanks.

310EI
Super User

310EI
Super User

Hello...

Do you have any browser extensions in use that are blocking portions of the Dropbox website?

EXAMPLES:

• AdBlock

• AdBlock Plus

• NoScript Security Suite

• ScriptSafe

Try a new browser window with all of the extensions disabled.

Use a different browser altogether.

Alon M.1
New member | Level 1

I am having a similar problem. dropbox shows the "synced icon" (small green 'v') on the files, but when I go to the web-site, they're not there.

Just to make sure I'm looking at the right place, i right-clicked the files , and selected "view on dropbox" - and received a "file not found" error message.

Note that in my case, it is relevant only to some of the files, not all of them.

That was yesterday : Today, for some in-explicable reason, Drop-box started syncing the missing files - I can only assume that the're's been some sort of an update

Clearly, the problem isn't being observed by everyone - but at least 3 users have experience this - and maybe dropbox fixed a problem on the web-interface?

Marina P.4
New member | Level 1

Thanks for all the answers!
Today I can see all the files from my account in the website. I ever use Chrome. I have AdBlockPlus but clearly this is not the problem. I agree with Alon M.: "I can only assume that the're's been some sort of an update. Clearly, the problem isn't being observed by everyone - but at least 3 users have experience this - and maybe dropbox fixed a problem on the web-interface?"
I hope the problem does not recur!

Victoria -.
New member | Level 1

Thanks for the answers. Apparently the problem was resolved. Now I can see all my files in the website (using Chrome and AdBlockPlus, as usual). I wish I had received some e-mail notification explaining there was going to be technical adjustments -or whatever- that could interfere with the normal use of the service. I was quite worry.

310EI
Super User
Thanks for all the answers!  Today I can see all the files from my account in the website. I ever use Chrome. I have AdBlockPlus but clearly this is not the problem. -Marina P.

Thanks for the answers. Apparently the problem was resolved. Now I can see all my files in the website (using Chrome and AdBlockPlus, as usual). -Victoria

Hello...

You're both quite welcome.

There was not a Dropbox update that solved either of your related issues related to the website interface. However, it's possible that you both white-listed the Dropbox website within your ad blocking extension. Another possibility is that the ad blocking extension updated itself without your knowledge causing your problem to go away.

More often than not, the problem that you've had is related to your computer and/or browser (eg: ad blocking add-ons or extensions). Proof of that fact is to login to Dropbox's website interface using a different browser if the problem arises in the future (eg: Mozilla Firefox).

Please read this forum thread to see that using a different browser solved the same issue for another forum member (more information available as well).

Regardless of what solved your particular issues... I'm glad that it's working for you 😉

Victoria -.
New member | Level 1

Thank you! I´m definitely following your tips next time.

Alon M.1
New member | Level 1

I don't know about Marina or Victoria, but in my case it was definitely NOT due to an issue with the browser or an ad-blocker.

This is because I COULD see some of my files on the web site - surely if there was an issue with my browser, I would have been unable to see any files?

Again, the problem was there for two days - then mysteriously disappeared.

Need more support?