Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I can't see the "Version history" option for a file in my account, what can I do?

Explorer | Level 3

I've somehow lost a file to something I was playing with on an accounting program. I am trying to follow the instruction for version recovery, but after clicking the check box after hovering over the file, there isn't a "version history" option anywhere that I can find.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: version history

Super User
Super User

When you browse the file in Dropbox web, you will see the (...) on the right of the file for options menu, there you will find Version history

2020-01-12 at 12.26 PM .png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

When you browse the file in Dropbox web, you will see the (...) on the right of the file for options menu, there you will find Version history

2020-01-12 at 12.26 PM .png

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

brilliant! thank you Community so, so much. Saved me from a lot of angst

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot 2020-03-16 19.43.58.png

Hello

I would like to understand how can I see data from 2017 or 2016 especially screenshots I had acumulated before Dropbox modify in early 2018 January, since I never deleted anything, I have account before 2016 and cant find ''Click Version history.'' When i selected Screenshots folder, how can i see history since it doesn't appear ?

Thank you

Super User
Super User

Hello @Cristian Adrian, The Version history is only available on individual files. If you are a paid member, you can use Rewind to revert a folder https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete/rewind But even in that case, I am afraid that Dropbox cannot bring back a folder from 2016 or 2017 unless you have purchased extended version history or unlimited version history add-on. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?