cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't share any folder for years now having my Personal Dropbox.

I can't share any folder for years now having my Personal Dropbox.

wiregen
New member | Level 2

Hey everyone, so for years I haven't been able to share anything on my personal dropbox. Only my work dropbox.

I always get the error "You don’t have permission to create a link to this folder"

A quick google search states I need to create a ticket under https://www.dropbox.com/support

But there's nowhere in that page to even create a ticket. I went through the chatbot and I still no avail.

It would be great if I could create a support ticket to fix this annoyance once and for all.

6 Replies 6

Re: I can't share any folder for years now having my Personal Dropbox.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @wiregen, thanks for your post. 

There are multiple reasons why a shared link might not work, or why you're not able to create a link.

Can I reach out to you via email, to the address you have here on the Community, so we can look into this a bit more?

Let me know!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

wiregen
New member | Level 2

Yes, I would appreciate that! Thank you!

Fernmark
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I can't share a folder or create a link. It says that I have reached my sharing quota and to try again in 24 hours. I haven't shared a folder for months because of this error and just end up sharing single files through email if urgent. Very frustrating as there's no solution to this in the community or via the chatbots....hmmm

Sharing Files or Creating Links has not worked for many months on my account

Fernmark
New member | Level 2

Sharing Files or Creating Links has not worked for many months on my account. I have only shared a few times on my account and still it's a problem every few weeks I try. Thought I'd finally reach out to get a solution to this.

Thanks

Rick

Re: Sharing Files or Creating Links has not worked for many months on my account

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Fernmark, thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear you're having issues with sharing. 

It sounds like your shared links may have been banned

Since it's been a while you've had this issue, may we reach out via email to have a further look internally?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @wiregen & @Fernmark, no worries. 

I've created and sent you both an email, so we can have a closer look into this. 

Thanks!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Walter Dropboxer
    Fernmark New member | Level 2
    wiregen New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?