cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't sync certain files & folders to my desktop but I can see them fine on my mobile.

I can't sync certain files & folders to my desktop but I can see them fine on my mobile.

Helpful | Level 5

My dropbox folder in my Windows10 file manager is not synching completely.  I can see the subfolder and files on my phone.  It's in dropbox on the browser, but won't update to the file manager on my laptop.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: file manager

Super User II
Another thing to check is www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Helpful | Level 5
Thanks Lusil. That solved my problem. It was the " : ". (colon).

7 Replies 7

Dropboxer
Hey there @geauxtroy, thanks for posting your question on the Forum and welcome aboard!

Initially, it sounds like selective sync has been set for specific files/folders. Could you check if you have selective sync activated for specific files/folder, and more specifically for the ones that you’re not seeing? 

If this is the case, then just select the files/folders you want to have locally synced and allow it some time. If this isn’t the case, can you also please check the status of your Dropbox desktop app and let me know what it reads?

Thanks in advance for your reply! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Super User II
Another thing to check is www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Helpful | Level 5

My selective sync was already set to sync all folders.  

Regarding the status of my dropbox desktop app?  I'm assuming you mean the little icon in the bottom right task manager area?  It's up-to-date.

Helpful | Level 5

This just might be an issue.  My friend used colons in the filename.  I'll ask her to change and see how it works.

Dropboxer
Hey @geauxtroy, thanks for checking back in with us!

Sure! Do keep us updated on the matter and if you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to get back to us here. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5
Thanks Lusil. That solved my problem. It was the " : ". (colon).

Re: I can't sync certain files & folders to my desktop but I can see them fine on my mobile.

New member | Level 2

I had the same problem.

Unfortunately there is no notification, no synchronization error, nothing which could point someone to the reason WHY a file is not synchronized.... maybe the Dropbox Developers can integrate at least some information in the sync errors dialog.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?