cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't take a screenshot unless I save it on DropBox

I can't take a screenshot unless I save it on DropBox

New member | Level 2

So, for the first few weeks I've used my laptop, all my screenshots are just going to the subfolder "Screenshots" of the Pictures folder. Last week, there was this pop-up box from Dropbox but I was too busy to read through it so I just checked no and suddenly, my prtscn button stopped working. I've already read through some issues about how this is connected to DropBox but they're all just about how to activate the prtscn button again. My problem is, I don't want to save the screenshots into my DropBox but I can't even take a screenshot when it's not automatically saved to my DropBox. How do I get back my usual settings again? 

1 Reply 1

Re: I can't take a screenshot unless I save it on DropBox

Dropboxer

Hi @clariceeep, let's see what we can do here. 

Out of curiosity, do you have the option to save screenshots to your Dropbox folder enabled? 

Could you also have a look and see which version of the desktop app you are running? 

You can do that by hovering over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock. 

Check this out and let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?