Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I decided not to use the desktop app, can I delete the Dropbox folder from my device?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I previously tried the Dropbox Sync option on a desktop but removed this as it seems to have a few problems. routerlogin  One of which was cons tant syncing which seemed to take forever. I have ju whatsapp web st used it for backups now. 

I have a dropbox folder in c:\users\xxxxx with a size over 200GB and size on disk is about 14G192.168.0.1 B with nearly 150,000 files. Can I just delete this?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I decided not to use the desktop app, can I delete the Dropbox folder from my device?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @stevejock1, I hope you're having a good day so far!

If you've uninstalled and unlinked the desktop app on your computer, then the Dropbox folder is no longer linked with your account. You can go ahead and delete the folder.

Also, if you ever decide to give the desktop app another go then I'd be happy to troubleshoot any syncing issues with you here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?