cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have permission to create a link

I don't have permission to create a link

Explorer | Level 3

Like many others here, I've recently (it changed within the last few days) been unable to create links to my dropbox for sharing information. I'm told that only the owner can do that, but I'm the only one on the account. This is the message I get.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.32.18 PM.png

I tried to look on the community help areas, but all of those answers were moved to email so they were no help. I'm on a Mac with the following system settings:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 4.38.32 PM.png

Please help.

2 Replies 2

Re: I don't have permission to create a link

Dropboxer

Hey there @Captainjaq; welcome to our Community!

It sounds like your shared links have been banned; could you take a look at the relevant Help Center article and let me know if that's the case?

If so, how long have you been getting this error? 

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I don't have permission to create a link

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

I haven't been banned for any specific link, per se, but the entire dropbox has been eliminated from creating links. This only happened recently, like within the last few days. I did try to make a new folder but that didn't work either.

I've hit my limits before, and that has always given me a different error message. Also, it seems to be only for my personal account, since I can create links through my business account. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?