cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont find my files and folders after I installed Dropbox on new hp desktop, which gave me 25 GB

I dont find my files and folders after I installed Dropbox on new hp desktop, which gave me 25 GB

Explorer | Level 3

I had earned about 10 GB space through referrals and my dropbox was full of my files and folders. Now I purchased a new HP desktop and installed Dropbox and got 25 GB extra space. But unfortunately, I don't find my files/folders and extra space I earned. My email is the same. How can I recover my files and folders? 

8 Replies 8

Re: I dont find my files and folders after I installed Dropbox on new hp desktop, which gave me 25 G

Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: I dont find my files and folders after I installed Dropbox on new hp desktop, which gave me 25 G

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, Dear Mark, 
I have checked the events. It shows some files of 2020. But I could not find data, which was uploading since 2016

Super User II

Does it show when the account was created?

I'm guessing you've accidentally set up a new second account

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

No Dear Mark, I did not see on this new desktop,
Yes, it is possible, I may have created a new second account. If it has happened, logically it should not be possible to create a new second account with the same email. What will be the solution if this may be the case?

Dropboxer

Hey there @Ahmedani, just jumping in here!

From what you've mentioned, it does indeed seem like you may have set up a new account by mistake.

To see if this is the case, do you have the "Getting started with Dropbox" file in your account? If so, does it show a recent date as the file is created when creating a new account?

Also, can you let me know when you last signed into your Dropbox account when you saw the files that you're looking for?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

as 23-7-2-2-Thanks you @Daphne  for your kind support. 

Sorry, I don't see "Getting started with Dropbox". However, when I searched it in the search bar I found and the date was mentioned is 23-7-2020. But Amazingly I see some files and one folder which has the date of creation 23-7-2020. Whereas I created this folder around 2016.

I think last time I logged in to my dropbox during early July.

I agree, that by mistake a new account would have been created with the same email while setting up dropbox on newly purchased desktop. But I am sure did not delete old files.

Best Regards

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Ahmedani!

Is it possible that you had these files or moved them over to the new computer and added them to Dropbox?

It does seem like you may have started a new account, as the Events page would show any actions within the last 6 months.

However, it wouldn't be possible to create another account under the same email address. Can you check if the email you used is the exact same email with no typos from your account settings?

Also, are you perhaps still signed into your account from before on another device, either through a Dropbox app or web browsing session?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you once again Dear @Daphne 
I am sure about the email account. It is the same hotmail.com. I don't have another Hotmail account. The question here is that where maybe storage space that I earned through referral. If I get that earned space, I will get my data. Kindly think about his point. Maybe it gives you a clue to help me.

Best Regards,
Shoaib

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?