cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I freed up storage but still getting error message

I freed up storage but still getting error message

HP_Wood
New member | Level 2

Hello!  Someone I work with is trying to share a file with me.  It's 2 GB.  I tried to add it but got a message that said my dropbox had no space.  OK, so I cleared out a ton of stuff and got rid of old things that other people had been sharing with me. Now it says I have 4.3 GB in storage.  Should be no problem, right? But when I try to link the new folder, Dropbox still says I have to upgrade in order to have enough space.  I deleted so much! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions.

HP

3 Replies 3

Re: I freed up storage but still getting error message

Mark
Super User II

Hi @HP_Wood 

Check the wording on the error carefully.... it usually means you need 2gb more space than you have to get the file. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

HP_Wood
New member | Level 2

Hmm, could be, but I don't think so.  It just says "File size, 2 GB."  And the one under it--another shared folder--says Size 30 MB, and that is indeed the size of that folder.  ?? 

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 4.51.58 PM.png

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @HP_Wood,

Might be a bit more clear if you take a look on your current plan page(scroll to "Personal Dropbox space" section, if need). So, alongside the information, you took from recent shares, you will have a look on entire space availability and usage, from one side and the same "dissected" to "Regular files" space, "Shared files" space (forming the used space), and "Unused space". Using all this together you can find out where your issue comes from, I believe. 😉

Good luck.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
    HP_Wood New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?