cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I get a message "You sent too many invitations today" but I have not sent any in months .

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I get a message "You sent too many invitations today" but I have not sent any in months. It says I should try again in 24 hours but even after 57 hours I cant share anything.

Capture.JPG

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: I get a message "You sent too many invitations today" but I have not sent any in month

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @rolfw, thanks for messaging the Community!

It sounds like you’re experiencing this issue on your account.

I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter the same email you use to login to Dropbox. Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: I get a message "You sent too many invitations today" but I have not sent any in month

Helpful | Level 5

I've been having the same problem.  I'm on a free account so I understand that support is limited, but all I can find are the stand responses of "user error".  I've used dropbox without problems for years, and have never had this trouble before.  In total I've only invited about ten people to my dropbox!!!! The last one was a week ago!  Getting seriously annoyed now, and even if I "had" been considering upgrading to a paid account, I would probably not now. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Turns out I had a some malware in my dropbox and because of that I got banned. I had to get intouch with their support to find out what the problem was and then to remove the malware before they re-activated the account.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Wow....  I'll double check - but not sure how I would have got malware in there!

Thankyou for the headsup

D.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @rolfw. Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern. 

Also, @Donna_Watts, sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Did you get in touch with our Support team by any chance, as Jay also proposed in their original reply above? 

Let us know if you have any trouble along the way, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I've sent one through now - I've had to log out of my account, and submit one.

Thankyou for following up.

D.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?