cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I goofed

I goofed

Tio Bronco
Explorer | Level 3

When signing up for dropbox basic I unintentionally chose to have my computer files backed up, which happened automatically. Now my dropbox is full without having actually put anything in there myself. I tried deleting the files that appeared on my dropbox page except for one that is names My PC, which does not give me the option to delete. Dropbox still full HELP!!!

3 Replies 3

Elixir
Super User

Hello @Tio Bronco, You can disable the Dropbox file backup feature from your desktop app. Open the Dropbox preferences (click the Dropbox icon in the Windows taskbar tray area -> click the account/profile icon on top right -> select Preferences), then go to Backup tab, and choose manage backup. There you can uncheck the folders you do not want to backup or you can uncheck your whole computer. Then in the next step you select Keep content in folders in this PC. Click Stop Backup. That should leave the My PC files only in your computer and delete them in Dropbox. 

Tio Bronco
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, It worked! My dropbox is no longer full, however I got a message that there are still files in my dropbox.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Tio Bronco, could you check to see if the files were moved out of your Dropbox account?

Are you still able to see those files online?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?