cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a folder when I was part of a trial previously, but what do I do now?

I had a folder when I was part of a trial previously, but what do I do now?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi. I used a free trial which expired awhile ago. I was syncing files from a folder I have no access to anymore because it was another computer. If I upgrade my account will the process still continue? Thanks

3 Replies 3

Re: Syncing

Dropboxer

Hello there @1249, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, was this folder you mention a shared folder that you created or that someone else added you to? 

Was it part of the same account that you have access to right now? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello! Thank you for your message @Lusil

The folder was from my cell which I copied to the computer and I started syncing files from there on to Dropbox but then I had to stop in the middle. I didn't share anything with anyone. I don't have access to that folder anymore. I am wondering if the process will contine once I upgrade my account from a year ago.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @1249!

If the folder was still in the process of being uploaded to your Dropbox account online when the sync was interrupted, then I'm afraid there wouldn't be any record in Dropbox of the files that were not yet uploaded.

Dropbox would only be able to sync the files from your account online, or files that are currently located within the Dropbox folder while the app is running.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, but please let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?