cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have 2 Dropbox accounts and I want to merge them

I have 2 Dropbox accounts and I want to merge them

CROCKO
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have 2 Dropbox accounts
1 has a 2GB limit (reached and exceeded)
Then I got a 2TB account
Each use a different email address of mine
How can I merge the 2GB account files onto the 2TB account ?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lukeyo
Super User
Go to solution

Currently you can't merge them.

This article shows how to work around this: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/multiple-accounts/merge-two-accounts

Luke

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

lukeyo
Super User
Go to solution

Currently you can't merge them.

This article shows how to work around this: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/multiple-accounts/merge-two-accounts

Luke

schumannster
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is a serious problem, and Dropbox has no incentive to fix it, because only people who are already bought into the system have this problem. No one is leaving Dropbox because of the problem, so we may have to make a social media stink for them to do anything about it. 

Toshiespeaks
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am going to One Drive, although they also require a personal and business account to be linked to have both on any five devices, their $69.99/yr plan includes all the O365 applications, including word, excel, powerpoint, etc.  I can get a business one drive account only for $5/month ($60/year) or for $6/month ($72/yr) with the O365 capability.  . 

This is the response I sent to a Customer Service Rep when I was asking for a solution for the dropped link between accounts (he directed me to  this link):

I chatted with your business sales yesterday, and they said it had to be one personal and one business to have both accounts on all my devices (not 2 business accounts).  I have also noted a new lowered limitation on quantity of devices.  

It is a poor business decision for me to  pay for two accounts to have the same functionality as I once had, the only difference is that I would have more storage which I do not need, as I currently do not use 1/5 of the 2T I have now.  
Additionally, for the exact same functionality, I would also have to pay Dropbox for the personal and the business accounts,  $119 annual Plus Plan, and  $19/month for the business plan ($228/yr)

This change has had a negative impact on my work flow and you providing information as to how I can move files is somewhat quizzical, as I have been a Dropbox user since 2010 (as stated previously); I am also fully aware as to how to move files and folders between accounts, but now it will be completely cumbersome because of this change and only emphasizes the extra effort this change has created.  The other issue is when I bought the pro plan in 2014, that was a business plan (I still have the email).  Over the years Dropbox has added additional plans and has now converted this to a personal plan.

Believe me, I liked Dropbox and it is a shame because I have been a loyal Dropbox user since 2010 and purchaser since 2014.  It is wrong to take functionality away from users.  I am afraid that this change will cause a big loss for your company instead of the money grab that this move seems to be.  You should charge for the link if you want us to pay more, but the current solution offered is untenable.  It also makes me uncertain what functionality you might take away next.

I am planning on switching to OneDrive before my renewal date because, although they also require a personal and business account to be linked to have both on any five devices, their $69.99/yr plan includes all the O365 applications, including word, excel, powerpoint, etc.  I can get a business one drive account only for $5/month ($60/year) or for $6/month ($72/yr) with the O365 capability.  

His email to me stated (which was kind and a bit condescending as he knew I have used Dropbox for more the decade) :
Thank you for getting back to me.

I would like to start by informing you that I do appreciate your concern, and I guarantee you that my main goal is to assist, and ensure that you enjoy the Dropbox experience in the best possible way.

In regards to the ability to pair two Dropbox accounts so you can access them via a device, this is currently available only for Dropbox Business teams.

That said, should you wish to combine your accounts, the easiest way is to choose one of the accounts, and share all the files and folders to that account from the other.

If you’d like to share all files and folders from one account to the other, please follow the steps outlined in our Help Center article here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/account/merge-two-accounts 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
BTW this is the Link
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 8.27.25 AM.png

Kparedes28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have 2 Dropbox accounts I would like to unify them is there an option or how can I contact customer service

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I'm afraid there is no way to merge accounts. 

You need to decide which account to use and then move all data over to it - using Shared folders is probably easiest. Its also not possible to move quotas between accounts I'm afraid. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ddoby1009
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have two dropbox accounts, one paid and one free account.  Is there a way I can merge all the info from the unpaid account to the paid account?  My unpaid account is experiencing sync problems.  I can not get changes made on my desktop computer to sync on my undpaid account.  I don' really need two accounts so I am hoping that by having only the one paid account and moving everything to it, I will also fix the sync problem. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi,

No there isn't a way to merge them, however, what you could do is just create a shared folder between the two accounts. 🙂 That will then sync everything for you and you can delete the old one.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?