cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new laptop and have tried to save dropbox files to hard drive using local sync

I have a new laptop and have tried to save dropbox files to hard drive using local sync

panamera123
New member | Level 2

I have a new laptop and have tried to save dropbox files to hard drive using local sync which shows as green tick.

however files do not download

files do appear to be all offline

How can files be stored on local drive???

3 Replies 3

Re: I have a new laptop and have tried to save dropbox files to hard drive using local sync

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @panamera123, thanks for posting your question to our Community!

Could you please elaborate a bit on how the local files do not seem to be downloading?

Are you getting some kind of error message, when you try to open them?

And what is the sync status of the Dropbox application at the moment?

You can see that by hovering your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar.

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I have a new laptop and have tried to save dropbox files to hard drive using local sync

panamera123
New member | Level 2

Hello Hana,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

When I check the properties for dropbox it shows file size is 168gb but size on disc is 42MB

As I often work with  laptop in remote area without internet i need to have dropbox files stored on hard drive.

with internet connection files all appear ok 

the problem only appears to be files will not download to hard drive

hovering over dropbox icon shows dropbox is up  to date.

i hope you may be able to assist

Kevin

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey Kevin, sorry to jump in here, but do you get the option to set them to be local through the Smart Sync options when you right/control click on your files? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    panamera123 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?