cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have a question about posting to a team account with plenty of space. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am a parent that has taken a bunch of pictures for a sports team,  I am trying to post/share the team pictures in/on the team account. I was set to be able to edit on the team account however because the volume is larger thern my personal account will handle I am unable to share unless I upgrade.  How do I share without having to pay as the teams account has plenty of space?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: posting to a team account

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @micholyk - welcome to the Dropbox family!

It's always nice to see new faces around; thanks for posting your first question 

From what I gather, you must be sharing a folder with the team and as shared folders count towards each member's quota, you're getting a notification that you're out of space; thus prompting you to upgrade so you can accommodate the content of the folder in question. Please correct me if I got anything wrong here.

As you'd like to only upload to the other account, I'd suggest having them open a file request for you to access and submit your files as in this way you're not limited by your account's available space

From there, they could share a link to the folder if you'd like to view the content; you won't be able to edit though (in that case you'd need to upgrade indeed or make/add some space). 

I hope this information helps and please let me know if there's anything you'd like to ask; I'd be happy to follow up!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?