cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question about syncing between two computers. Can you help?

I have a question about syncing between two computers. Can you help?

hktkzyz
Explorer | Level 3

我用中文,希望你能看懂。
我有2个pc。pc1和pc2. pc1已经登陆客户端,并且同步了一些文件。现在我想在pc2也同步这些文件。那么:
问题1:我在pc2 安装了客户端,登陆后,同步文件夹在pc2应该是空的。那是pc1里的同步文件会下载到pc2呢,还是pc2会清空pc1里的文件呢?
问题2 :如果是pc1里的文件会同步到pc2,那么如果pc2删除文件,是不是意味着pc1里的文件也会被删除?

i discripe it with engilish,again。if noone with  chinese.
i have 2 pc,eg. pc1 & pc2.
pc1 has login in . and have some files in "synce floder".

now i want to login with the same account on pc2.

my question1: if i install dropbox on pc2 and login with the same account, then, pc1's files will synce to pc2? or pc1'files all will be delete(since pc2's "synce floder" is empty now ...i am worried)?

my question2: if pc1's files will synce to pc2..then ,if i delete some files on pc2,then..pc1 will delelte too?

my english not good, sorry ,and hope you can understood what i said. thanks very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: about 2 pc synce

Mark
Super User II
Hi @hktkzyz

Your English is very good. Well done!

When you install on pc2 it will create a new sync folder (Dropbox folder) but it will know that its brand new and so it will download everything from the Dropbox cloud (what you can see at www.dropbox.com/home) to the computer.

In terms of deleting something on PC2. Yes this will delete it from Dropbox's cloud (www.dropbox.com/home) and also the other computer. Think of the 2 folders (the sync one on PC1 and PC2) as a mirror. What happens on one will update and replicate to the other. So edit/delete a file and that change will copy over to the other.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Hi @hktkzyz

Your English is very good. Well done!

When you install on pc2 it will create a new sync folder (Dropbox folder) but it will know that its brand new and so it will download everything from the Dropbox cloud (what you can see at www.dropbox.com/home) to the computer.

In terms of deleting something on PC2. Yes this will delete it from Dropbox's cloud (www.dropbox.com/home) and also the other computer. Think of the 2 folders (the sync one on PC1 and PC2) as a mirror. What happens on one will update and replicate to the other. So edit/delete a file and that change will copy over to the other.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

hktkzyz
Explorer | Level 3
thank you so much. when you reply, i guess i was in dream(in chinese time).so i reply it and thank you until now. "it can brand new and download all form cloud,,,means form my pc1". SO COOL. this is my first time use dropbox(although i knew it before and before). and,, this,my first time use english to communicate . so happy you can reply me and know me said. thank you again and again.GOOD WISH.

hktkzyz
Explorer | Level 3
sorry,i tried to "accept as solution",.but tips:Authentication Failed. and my browser's javascript is opening. i donot know how to fix it. maybe becaouse i use Agent to break the great wall.(GFW.. you know it,in china.)
Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?