cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have always checked the boxes and downloaded files from a friend in quantity. Boxes are gone

I have always checked the boxes and downloaded files from a friend in quantity. Boxes are gone

Explorer | Level 3

I have always clicked on boxes and downloaded like 100 files from a friend at a time.   They are big and I am just on basic because I don't store on dropbox.   All of a sudden the boxes are gone and I can't download or look at his folders, it just says I am out of room.   How can I download files that he sends me  without paying 10 bucks a month just to download them?

4 Replies 4

Re: I have always checked the boxes and downloaded files from a friend in quantity. Boxes are gone

Dropboxer

Hey there @edlovrien, I hope you're well today!

Can you just clarify for me, do they send you the files within a shared folder, or do they send you a shared link to the folder?

A shared link will allow you to view and download the content, without even needing a Dropbox account, or when you don't have space to add the files first to your Dropbox account.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I have always checked the boxes and downloaded files from a friend in quantity. Boxes are gone

Explorer | Level 3

It's a link to a folder.  Up until a week ago, I could open it and check a bunch of boxes and download it.  All of a sudden, I can't open it.   When I click on the 3 dots I can view it, but there are no boxes.  I was able to download a file at a time, but it would take a week to do them all that way.  Something changed in the last week or two

Dropboxer

Hi there @edlovrien; I'm sorry to jump in here, but have you tried downloading the whole folder instead of its contents?

If it's less than 20 GB, this should the trick.

Of course, you'll have to unzip the folder after downloading it in that case.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

He adds files every week and right now the folder is like 100 GB.     I have slow Internet so it takes me like 10 minutes to download one file if I try to it once it's like 20 minutes a file and I have 100 to do this week

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?