cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I have a free Drpbox account which I use to share a few photographs between devices

Explorer | Level 3

As I suspected the app. seems to have been imposed on me in some way - it is listed as installed on 10th July 2020  ........... not by me it wasn't !  It is not specifically listed as S Mode but I decided to go ahead and uninstall it anyway.  And that it didn't work as it comes up with "Dropbox failed to uninstall".

Meanwhile, I continue to be unable to access Dropbox from the Desktop icon.  As I use it reguarly to transfer photographs between my iPhone and iPad and the master record on my laptop, my frsutration is not getting any better.

Highlighted

Re: I have a free Drpbox account which I use to share a few photographs between devices

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @annoyed4; how are you today?

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with uninstalling the app from your computer. 

In order to fix this issue, would you mind opening the "Task Manager" by right-clicking the taskbar and clicking "Start Task Manager"?

From there, please click on the "Processes" tab to see if there are any other processes associated with Dropbox that may be preventing the app from being removed from your device. You may need to click "Show processes from all users" to check all processes.

Once you are viewing these processes, if you see any items that refer to Dropbox, or recognize any programs that you may have linked to Dropbox, please perform the following steps for each applicable process:

• Click on the line that references the process to select it
  • Click on "End Process"

After that, please follow the normal uninstalling steps.

Keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?