cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an issue with disabling the Camera Uploads feature on my devices. Any ideas?

I have an issue with disabling the Camera Uploads feature on my devices. Any ideas?

mk930
New member | Level 2

I have tried everything imagineable to stop photo sync.  I have an iPhone 7 and every picture I take is uploaded to my Dropbox. 

-On my phone, I turned off Camera Uploads and even logged out.  

-Under my phone settingsI changed the Photo access settings to "Never" for the App.

-I have gone to "Preferences" on my Desktop and under import, I removed my Device (iPhone) and under AutoPlay settings, I've chosen "Take no Action" for everything.

I don't know what else to do!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have an issue with disabling the Camera Uploads feature on my devices. Any ideas?

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for that @mk930!

I've just opened up a ticket for you so we can work on this together. At your earliest convenience, take a look at your email's inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Talk soon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: I have an issue with disabling the Camera Uploads feature on my devices. Any ideas?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @mk930  - sorry to hear you're having troubles with disabling the automatic camera uploads feature from your account.

As you're following the correct steps to do this, I'd like to have a further look into this. 

Can you please confirm that you're using the most recent versions of both our mobile and desktop applications? 

Note that they are a. 75.4.141 for our desktop app and b. 148.2 for the mobile one. 

If you're already on those builds, please go ahead and re-install the apps. You can then try disabling the automatic camera uploads feature anew. 

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mk930
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I completely uninstalled the app from my phone and it is still syncing photos!

mk930
New member | Level 2

Walter, I confirmed that I am on v75.4.141 desktop and 148.2 mobile.

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for that @mk930!

I've just opened up a ticket for you so we can work on this together. At your earliest convenience, take a look at your email's inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Talk soon!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @mk930, I just wanted to follow up here and see if you were able to resolve your concern in the end. 

If you were, could you let us know the steps you followed?

Thanks in advance! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Walter Dropboxer
    mk930 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?