cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an issue with my storage. Is my data in Dropbox duplicated?

I have an issue with my storage. Is my data in Dropbox duplicated?

Hannah80
New member | Level 2

Dear collegues,

I have this problem - the size of the storage of my dropbox is 3,2 GB. Dropbox is telling me that I am using 3.3 GB from 3.3 GB and is full. When I check the size of the Dropbox folder the size is 1.6 GB - the half of the space. Where is the problem? It seems that the data in dropbox is duplicated... Please advise me what to do... Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: Storage size

Mark
Super User II

Are you using Selective Sync at all?

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/selective-sync-overview

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hannah80
New member | Level 2

I have selected all folders. And these folders (6) it is together 1.6 GB - half of the storage size....

Mark
Super User II

Compare what is at www.dropbox.com/home with what is on your computer - the online version is the correct one

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Hannah80 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?