cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have an issue with the camera uploads feature. Can you help?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Camera Uploads are selected on my iPhone and they appear to be uploading when I look at my phone but they are not showing up in the 'Camera Uploads' folder on my Dropbox.  There are currently other pictures in the folder.  Can I make the pictures/videos from my iPhone go to another folder?  Is there a way to start over?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Camera Uploads on my iPhone

Super User II
Super User II

@DPdragon wrote:

Camera Uploads are selected on my iPhone and they appear to be uploading when I look at my phone but they are not showing up in the 'Camera Uploads' folder on my Dropbox.

Are you sure your iPhone is signed into the same Dropbox account?

Can I make the pictures/videos from my iPhone go to another folder?

The automatic Camera Uploads feature will only upload to teh Camera Uploads folder. If you want photos or videos to upload to a different folder, you need to upload them manually.

Is there a way to start over?

You would need to contact Support directly and ask them to reset your Camera Uploads, but all that does is to make Dropbox forget which photos and videos have already been uploaded, so they'll be uploaded again if they're still on your phone. It won't correct any problems with the actual upload process, if you're having one.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich!

I do have the proper acount linked.  It's weird, the photos look like they are uploading on my phone when I check recent uploads, but the folder in Dropbox on my computer does not show them.

Super User II
Super User II

What about when you sign into the Dropbox website and view the Camera Uploads folder there?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I tried that previously and it times out and gives an error message that pops up briefly stating 'unsupported path provided'.  I see the folder on my computer file explorer and I can see some of the pictures/videos but not all of them.  I watch the Dropbox App on my iPhone and I see pictures being uploaded but they don't appear in the folder.  Nor does the overall picture/video count change in the folder.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?