cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have been removed access to a shared folder

I have been removed access to a shared folder

andrew_martin
New member | Level 2

I have been removed from a shared folder (and it says that I removed my own acess in dropbox events history) However, I didn;t do this! I have tried to re-gain acess by going to sharing section on the lefthand side but the folder isn;t in the liast of shared foldered that i can add in order to regain acess to it. please can someone help. the shared folder I am trying to re-gain acess to is called AM.PR ?

Many thanks

Helena

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

andrew_martin wrote:

I have tried to re-gain acess by going to sharing section on the lefthand side but the folder isn;t in the liast of shared foldered that i can add

If the folder is not in the list of shared folders that you can rejoin, then you'll need to contact the owner of the folder and ask for a new invitation.

Add a shared folderAdd a shared folder

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Rich
Super User II

andrew_martin wrote:

I have tried to re-gain acess by going to sharing section on the lefthand side but the folder isn;t in the liast of shared foldered that i can add

If the folder is not in the list of shared folders that you can rejoin, then you'll need to contact the owner of the folder and ask for a new invitation.

Add a shared folderAdd a shared folder

View solution in original post

andrew_martin
New member | Level 2

How do I found out who the owner of the shared folder is ?

Rich
Super User II
Since it's no longer in the list, you can't, but it's safe to say that it's probably the person that invited you to it originally.

andrew_martin
New member | Level 2

But I don't know who invited it to me originally! Is there a way of finding this out?

Rich
Super User II

andrew_martin wrote:

(and it says that I removed my own acess in dropbox events history) However, I didn;t do this!

Another thing to remember is that when you are removed from a shared folder by the owner, your Events page will say that you removed your own access.

I just removed someone from a share, and looking at the events list for that account it says that they removed their own access.

Removed by OwnerRemoved by Owner

Rich
Super User II

andrew_martin wrote:

But I don't know who invited it to me originally! Is there a way of finding this out?

Do you still have the original email invitation? If not, then no, there is no way for you to find out the owner of a shared folder that you are no longer a member of.

andrew_martin
New member | Level 2

ok, so i just somehow need to find out who the original owner of the folder was... do you know if there is away of finding out who originally invited me to this folder?

Rich
Super User II
Unless you have the original invitation in your email still, there isn't. Do you know any of the other members? Maybe they can tell you.

rfritschi
New member | Level 2

I just had the same issue, but I was removed from a folder I created and invited people to.  I wasn't even in Dropbox when this removal occurred.  This was totally out of the blue.  Help?!

Need more support?