cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Storage

Highlighted

I have less storage than I used to, what happened?

Explorer | Level 3

I suddenlt have less storage space than I used to. What happened?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @CalebFrase, I hope you're well today!

Did you possibly have more space from a promotion that you applied to your account?

If you check your Plan page here, you can check out the space that you've earned on your account. What do you see there under "View earned space"?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I have no idea what happened.
I've had content on there for years. Suddenly I get notified that my storage is over full...
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@CalebFrase wrote:
Suddenly I get notified that my storage is over full...

Have you joined any new shared folders lately? Those would count against your storage space and could possibly put you over quota. Also, any time-limited bonus space you earned could have expired and been removed from your account. As Daphne mentioned, your Plan page will show you any increases or decreases in your space.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
The only thing I have done lately was connect my account to my mobile, and up loaded a file from my PC.
It does not make any sense.
Guess I'll switch to Drive
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @CalebFrase, is it possible that you enabled camera uploads on your mobile device, and then it started to upload images and videos from the camera roll?

You can see any recent changes on the events page, which might help explain matters.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?