cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have lost all my files after restoring computer

I have lost all my files after restoring computer

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have lost all my files after restoring my HP Win7 laptop and upgrade it to Win10.
When i logged in to my dropbox account, first i change my e-mail address and then realize all my files are gone.

I changed the e-mail, because it was an old e-mail that i not use anymore. However, this should not be the reason for my lost, or?

I really hope you can help me. I hope you can find something in your servers.
Thanks

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: I have lost all my files after restoring computer

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @emiliebopp 

What does www.dropbox.com/events show?

My guess is your files are still under your old email and you've actually accidentally set up a new account.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

There are no events, except that my new computer was connected to my account and the Dropbox Paper app was added.

I also think that something went wrong during the change of the e-mail. But i can not log in with the old e-mail anymore.

I received an verification e-mail to finish updating my e-mail. This all sound to me, that i did it correct. Is the any posibility that you can check it?

Thanks

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

I do not work for Dropbox so no, sorry, I cant. 

You need to contact Dropbox for help via www.dropbox.com/support. If you dont get any options to do so go to the page from an incognito Window and choose 'problems logging in'. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks Mark

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?