cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have some syncing problems with WD MyCloud EX2 nasbox app

I have some syncing problems with WD MyCloud EX2 nasbox app

Brian D.50
New member | Level 1

I have a WD MyCloud EX2 nas drive and the dropbox cloud syncing app doesn't work.  I've been through troubleshooting with WD and they tell me that it is a problem with the dropbox app, not their system or hardware.  The app loads, I can sign in, but it simply repeats the message "dropbox wants to access your folders" , hit ok, and it goes back to the sign in button. And so round and around.

Is this a recognised bug, is there a work around or a setting that I need to change to get the nas to sync with dropbox?

14 Replies 14

cdigant
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the prompt reply.

But I am stuck! My main issue is, Ex2Ultra cloud works fine within same network. 

I want my other team to use same Database of my WD Ex2 Ultra at another office. I am looking for real time dual sync to and from both locations. 

Any better suggestion ? 

Once again I really appreciate your help.

wolframgothe
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, Ex2Ultra works fine. But DB has whole different feature set and won't work on a WD Ex2Ultra.

"I am looking for real time dual sync to and from both locations. "

But that's exactly what DB does, just use "Smart Sync" to keep hard disk space free...

cdigant
New member | Level 2

Great! Thanks....for your help.

erichologist
Explorer | Level 4

I'ts been about 2 years since I last used the builtin/integrated Dropbox application on my WD My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2). Whe I was using it 2 years ago, I loved the integration. I became and remained a loyal Dropbox customer since the experience. It just worked so beautifully. After a few clicks, I had a physical and cloud backup of my files (I'm a photographer. i have these reoccuring, pressured dreams of of losing photos -- every photo -- haunting). The integration was why I signed up for a team based Dropbox account and immediately paid for the upgraded service with that selective sync. It was streamlined. a FRACKING dreamboat, buddy. So,  I started using the integrated Dropbox app on the WD this month. I am experiencing unstable and I guess novel consequences.

This has happened 4 times: when the NAS and Dropbox do seem to be communicating, it seems to be downloading my entire Dropbox drive before it uploads my NAS files. This is is not ideal not in the slightest -- I have over 2TB maxed out on my personal Dropbox Account. This happens inspite of my selectively selected selective sync designations. Selective Sync is implemented to a limited and specific file, but the entire Dropbox drive is downloaded, all 2TB+ onto the NAS.  it's robust. Please, help my rekindle that transmission of data. please let me take it with me. the nightmares...  

-reunited, lost love triangl3 4 2020.

p.s. what is HP?

out.

wolframgothe
Explorer | Level 4

@erichologist 

I'd be surprised if WD would have solved the problems with their DP-NAS-integration.
My advice: leave it and don't waste any time solving a problem that's not solvable. Buy a simple Mac/PC and hook up an external large disk or if you have the money a large SD and point DP to this drive. If you have two of them you can swap them once in a while and put one into a safe if you don't trust long term DP data integrity.

HP means "Hewlett Packard", hard disk manufacturer and a lot more back in the days...

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wolframgothe Explorer | Level 4
    erichologist Explorer | Level 4
    cdigant New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?