cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have to work from home. help

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi all. R URGENT PLEASE   I really wish dropbox had a call center!  I have to work from home tha nk  you Covid 19.  I downloaded a personal dropbox on my laptop. all good. BUT the link my boss sent me with all the work, when I do the work, of course DOES not update on thl😊pe "work dropbox".   I believe I need to have the passwored .   Someone please help me.  Or Im afraid he wont let me work from home and I will lose income during this awful time.   (HE does NOT have Dropbox Business - which I am trying also to get more details as I feel it would solve many concerns!   

ASAP please help.  It is 2pm Mountain Time (I am in Denver CO).  March 18. Day two of staying home

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I have to work from home. help

Super User II
Super User II

How, exactly, were the files shared with you? Did you receive a link to a file or folder where you can view and download the files, or were you invited to a shared folder?

If they just sent you a Share Link to the files and you're downloading them to your computer or adding them to your Dropbox, then this is a read-only method of sharing. You can edit the files for yourself, but they're your own copy and they do not sync back to the original sharer.

If you were invited to and accepted a Shared Folder, the folder would appear in your Dropbox and any changes made would automatically sync for all members of the folder.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?