Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have two folders but one of them has (1) at the end

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Can anyone advise why in one of my dropbox shared folders it reads as 'Clients (1)' instead of just 'Clients'?

It makes me think my version is not the same as others who also share this folder.

Thanks,

James

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Syncing issue?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @JamesBracken, thanks for checking in with us - I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

At first, it sounds like the first folder is a copy of the other one. 

For this reason, could you check a few things for me, such as:

• Are they both shared folders? You can send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the folders if you're not sure. 
  • What do the events of each folder show? You can go to your events page to see an overall picture. 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

Thanks for getting back.  I attach a screenshot of the folder list I see.  I only see one version of 'Clients' but mine just has the (1) after it.  No one else does.  

So i cant do the comparison you mentioned but given that technically thge folder name is different, it tells me something isnt quite right. 

Thanks,

James

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for checking that out, @JamesBracken

Although I don't see a screenshot, it sounds like you may previously have had another folder with the same name and, to avoid any confusion or conflict, the folder was renamed with a (1). 

In general, if you rename a shared folder while it's still shared with other members, the new name will only appear for you, in other words, the user that renamed it. 

Having said that, to have some peace of mind that the shared folder is the same as other users, you can:

• Check to see if the folder is shared with others. 
  • Have a look through its events history (by clicking on the button with the three dots that appears next to it in your Files tab). 
  • Ask another user to make a minor change to a file and see if the change shows up for you as well.

If you encounter any other trouble with this or you have any further questions, just give me a shout. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?