cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't accessed my account in a while and I can't find my files. Where are they?

Highlighted

I haven't accessed my account in a while and I can't find my files. Where are they?

New member | Level 2

I had a drop box account and backed up a number of my photos

I haven't opened it for quite some time but I had a computer crash and was hoping to find a back up of some of my photos on dropbox but my whole file / account is empty. Why? Where is everything?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Can't find any files

Super User

Hi Jacki,

Have you checked for your files on the Dropbox website? If you were checking the folder on your computer, then it's possible they haven't synced yet. You might also be interested in the Events page, which shows a log of the activity in your account.

If the photos weren't uploaded to your Dropbox account for whatever reason, then you still might be able to recover them from your hard drive with a tool like Recuva, even if you've already formatted it. If the photos are especially important, then you may want to get a professional to do it since it's time-sensitive.

How did you resolve your computer crashing? Did you reinstall the operating system, get a new computer, or something else?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?