cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't logged in for a while and all my photos are now missing. How can I recover them?

I haven't logged in for a while and all my photos are now missing. How can I recover them?

Explorer | Level 3

I had downloaded many pictures in past from various flash drives. I believe they were in different folders. It’s been a long time since I logged in and they are all gone now. Any suggestions on how to find/recover them?

5 Replies 5

Re: Pictures missing

Dropboxer

Hi there @GShap70, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Around how long was it since you last logged into your Dropbox account before this time? If it was more then 12 months then it's possible that the account was closed due to inactivity.

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
That could be it but I am still paying the monthly fee. Would they drop me if I’m a paying customer? Regardless, is there a way to recover the pictures? Thanks

Dropboxer

Is the account that the files are missing from the upgraded account @GShap70?

Can you let me know which plan you currently have there?

Also, do you see any actions for the missing files in your Events page here?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
I pay $11.99 for my monthly subscription. I’m not sure which plan that is. It says Dropbox basic on the page. But my account is under my email address and I access it though the app on my iPhone. Is it possible I have another account and I’m not logged in to the right account which has these pictures?

Dropboxer

That sounds like it could be the Plus subscription @GShap70.

The Basic plan is the free plan though, so it's possible that you might actually be signed in with a different account.

You can use the transaction ID for the most recent charge with our lookup tool to check which account this subscription is associated with.

You can then crosscheck the email address with the one you're currently signed in with on the web and your mobile app with these steps.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?