cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't logged into my account for a while and now I'm missing files. Any clues?

I haven't logged into my account for a while and now I'm missing files. Any clues?

Vgrove73
New member | Level 2

I have not logged into my Dropbox account for months. Now, when I just logged in all of my photos and videos are gone. How do I find out what happened to that? Is there anyone to help me with this? Maybe I'm in the wrong Dropbox account. Years ago I think I may have created another account but I don't remember the login and the domain that was associated with that email address no longer a working domain.

1 Reply 1

Re: I haven't logged into my account for a while and now I'm missing files. Any clues?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Vgrove73, welcome to the Community and sorry to hear about this.

If you've ensured that you're looking at the correct account and that it wasn't closed due to inactivity, could you take a look at your deleted files page and the events page too?

Do you see any signs of your missing files there?

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?