Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I just installed Dropbox on my new laptop & I can't see all the files I had synced from my desktop.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have been using Dropbox for years. I bought a new laptop and installed Dropbox. For reasons I cannot explain, when I click on the Dropbox icon and the program opens, I see about half of my folders that are in my Dropbox account. I have to get on my desktop to see all of them. 

It is so frustrating trying to figure out why!  I'm about to look for another program. I wish they would stop making changes to the program that complicate it.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Going nuts over here...

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Willzsales, I’m here to help you untie the knots as much as I can on my end; thanks for reaching out on the Community!

In order to make sure I’m advising correctly Will, I’d need to focus what you’re experiencing exactly to determine where syncing has halted/disconnected:

• For starters, can you see the files you had uploaded from your desktop on your account online? If so, then have you finished with the initial sync on your laptop?
  • Can you include a screenshot (omitting personal info) in your next message for me showing me what’s your current sync status on your laptop?
Thanks for the time you’re devoting on that; I‘ll be awaiting you next message! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?