cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just installed Dropbox on my new laptop & I can't see all the files I had synced from my desktop.

I just installed Dropbox on my new laptop & I can't see all the files I had synced from my desktop.

Willzsales
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using Dropbox for years. I bought a new laptop and installed Dropbox. For reasons I cannot explain, when I click on the Dropbox icon and the program opens, I see about half of my folders that are in my Dropbox account. I have to get on my desktop to see all of them. 

It is so frustrating trying to figure out why!  I'm about to look for another program. I wish they would stop making changes to the program that complicate it.

2 Replies 2

Re: Going nuts over here...

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @Willzsales, I’m here to help you untie the knots as much as I can on my end; thanks for reaching out on the Community!

In order to make sure I’m advising correctly Will, I’d need to focus what you’re experiencing exactly to determine where syncing has halted/disconnected:

• For starters, can you see the files you had uploaded from your desktop on your account online? If so, then have you finished with the initial sync on your laptop?
  • Can you include a screenshot (omitting personal info) in your next message for me showing me what’s your current sync status on your laptop?
Thanks for the time you’re devoting on that; I‘ll be awaiting you next message! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Going nuts over here...

Willzsales
Explorer | Level 3

I will take a look.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?