cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep seeing a 'Waiting to upload' message when trying to upload files to Dropbox?

Why do I keep seeing a 'Waiting to upload' message when trying to upload files to Dropbox?

stephengrace
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

All day i have been trying to upload photos, however there is no upload activity. All i keep seeing on the photos i want to upload is "Waiting to upload". I have tried to upload the photos through my wifi and mobile data but wouldnt work. I have tried to upload different photos but wont work. I am using my iphone to download to dropbox and have turned my phone off/on but wont work. I have deleted my app and downloaded it again but it wont work. I have signed out/in again but wont work.

Can someone please tell me how to make it work!!!!

24 Replies 24

fletchermail
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has Dropbox responded with a solution yet? This problem persists, yet it doesn't look like Dropbox staff have touched this issue in months, meanwhile users can't upload certain files that they need to save and send. Dropbox, can you send us any updates on this?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @fletchermail; I'm sorry for the late reply. 

If you're still having issues with this, could you provide a screenshot of the error you get and let me know the exact OS and build of the device you're noticing this on?

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

AylaLive
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This seemed to have fixed the issue, but please flag that it will remove all of the items in your waiting to upload queue. I lost 145 items waiting to upload!

Christopher1020
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Clearing the cache and signing out helped, but only temporarily.  Now I have to continually do this.  Why?

Thanks!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Christopher1020, if you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and then reinstalling it to see if this helps?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Christopher1020 New member | Level 2
    AylaLive New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    fletchermail New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?