cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I logged in to my account and all my files are missing

I logged in to my account and all my files are missing

Lys1983
New member | Level 2

I'm kind of panicking, as I cant find any of my files. A few days ago, I noticed that dropbox had withdrawn money from my account for a year's subscription I made a year ago to get more capacity, so I wanted to check on my files, and they are all gone!!! WTF! And I can't find a way to contact the support directly. First of all, is there a way to contact them directly? Second, why is this happening, and what can I do? It can't be that my files were just deleted when I am actually paying for this **bleep**?! Sorry for my outburst, but I am really stressing about this. Can anybody help?

1 Reply 1

Re: Where are all my files??

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Lys1983, thanks for sharing your concern with our Community.

Sorry to hear that you're not able to find your files. Is it possible that you have two accounts?

If I were you, I would check the plan tab of the account settings, to make sure I'm logged in to the paid account.

If you're logged in to a different account than the paid one, you can use our payment lookup tool, to locate which account the charge is connected to.

You might find your files there.

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?