cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost all my files after adding a professional account to a personal one

I lost all my files after adding a professional account to a personal one

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I added a second account, a professional account, to my personal account. All my files from my personal account "merged" but actually deleted. I can t find them nor on my laptop nor on the site. When I try the "Rewind" option, It only gets more weird, and does recover all my files, and actually deleted more. Please help since I cannot email (cant find the proper "recovery" link asked to email you.

Tanguy

8 Replies 8

Files are gone - Self-Removed from Shared folders?

New member | Level 2

Hello,

Most of my files are gone and most folders are nearly empty.

On 11/26 I added a work account to my DB. I checked my personal account events page and all my folders says “You removed your access to the shared folder”. How can I get access back to them please?

Re: All files deleted

Dropboxer

Hi there @tanguylaurent, thanks for dropping by. 

I moved your second post under your first one, so that we can keep troubleshooting consistent. 

You mention that you added your professional account to your personal one. 

Could you clarify if you created a separate Dropbox account and associated it with your professional email, or if you joined a Business team with your personal account?

As for the shared folders, could you check your Share tab to see if they are there?

Have a look and let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically, I have been using my personal account (using my prof. email address) for years to collaborate on some professional projects with my team.

On nov. 26th I joined their Business account using another email address (this time my pers. gmail. address).

The files and folders that are missing are not showing on the shared folders at all.

I tried to rewing but it only deleted more.

Dropboxer

I see, thanks for your swift reply, @tanguylaurent

Could you go to this page to submit a ticket to our team, so that they can have a more in-depth look using internal tools available to them?

Once you do that, let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) associated with it so that I can pass your comments along.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hi,

Thanks, I tried many times but could not figure out how to find the links they request for it?

I already send a message Ticket #11688761, but now it reads error loading your ticket!

New member | Level 2

I submitted another ticket here - but still reads error can't open the ticket.

new ticket # 11689164

Dropboxer

I was able to find your ticket and have made sure to pass your comments along to the member of my team reviewing this matter for you. 

As soon as they have more information on the matter, they'll get back to you via email. 

In the meantime, try opening the ticket from another browser or wait to receive their reply in your inbox.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

thanks - hope to hear from them soon.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?