cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a new user and would like some advice about sharing video files.

Highlighted

I'm a new user and would like some advice about sharing video files.

New member | Level 2

Hey there, I'm a new user and need someone's advice concerning sending longer videos. I'm a free lance language teacher and give courses to children and teens. In the current Covid situation it's obvious that I'll have to switch to distance teaching. In spring I was sending long mails with written and recorded explanations, only to find out that the kids were mostly illiterate and could not keep focus. My (otherwise) group teaching suddenly switched to individual teaching with infinite checking of the kids' work. I'm not into on line courses as I can see kids easily lose focus in front of computers My idea now is to record (possibly by using the camera on my phone) very simple video lessons (of up to 45 minutes) and send them to closed groups or allow closed groups to see the videos. I have no idea what space can such a video take and if it should take more than one go send one. (I would create some 15 videos a week). Any advice? I'll be enormously grateful for any feedback. Thanks in advance, Majda

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: New User

Dropboxer

Hello there @Majda, I hope you're well today!

A good away to do this could be to upload the video files into your Dropbox account, and then create a shared link to send to the recipients.

Once you've created a shared link for a file, you simply send the link to the recipients who need access, so you only need to send the link and not the whole file.

You can upload the files, and create the links all from your phone too by using the Dropbox mobile app. 

The only point I'd mention is that a 45 min video would usually be around 1-2 GB, depending on the resolution it's filmed in.

Since the free Basic account only holds 2 GB of data, you might need to look into perhaps upgrading to Plus or Professional to increase the storage capacity of your account.

You can check more info about these plans here.

I hope this info helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?