cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: deleted folder

Highlighted

I'm getting an error when recovering a deleted folder

Explorer | Level 4

dear all,

a today accidentally deleted folder inside my dropbox cannotbe restored. When I try to restore I get the following message back "Hoppla! Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. Versuchen sie es spaeter noch einmal." "Oops! An error has occurred. Try again later." I already tried to restore more times, but always I get the same message back. Could anyone help me please? Inside this deleted folder there are some really important files.

mannii

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @mannii, thanks for posting today!

Are you trying to recover a private folder on your account, or a shared folder? If the latter, are you able to add it back from here? Do you see it being removed from the events page?

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

thanks for our solution. Because I still can't recover the deleted folder I asked now the folder creator to share with me again this folder and so it works now again.

thanks, mannii

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Excellent news, @mannii, let me know if you need any more help in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?