Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm getting an error when trying to access a file of mine. Can you help?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I just downloaded dropbox on an additional computer, paid for an upgrade since this is the third device I need it on.  When I try to open the access file that has opened fine on two other computers I now get the error that the path or file name cannot be found.  Since I did not make the path, any ideas what is wrong?  I am not very computer savey.  The error is: microsoft access can't find database file 'c\users\15027\dropbox\salesoffers\2020 GIE+EXPO.accdb."

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: path error

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Susan17 - welcome to the Dropbox Family and happy Friday!

I'll be happy to look into this for you; I'll just need some information first.

Can you please let me know the app's exact status as shown within your computer's system tray/menu bar? Is it 'Up to date' or still syncing?

Could you also forward me a screenshot of the exact error message you get so I can have a better look?

Thanks!

PS: If you're not seeing the Dropbox icon within your system tray/menu bar, you might need to re-install our application. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?